My own Lego creations ("MOCs") with background information and instructions.
60th Anniversary Models
Alternative Builds and Modifications
Models built only from old bricks:
Fictive abstraction over realism
- Playable, functional, robust and can be moved conveniently
- All designs are open for modification
- Greeble is an afterthought and does not compromise the above in favor of more visual appeal or detail
- Models for children, lore for adults
- Focus on core idea or moving, functional parts first (e.g. cockpit, hatches, engine, trapdoors)!
- Flesh out raw form!
- Improve sturdiness!
All models are digitalized using BrickLink Studio.
Make sure to save regularly, since the software sometimes crashes under wine when making instructions!
Resize model photos:
mogrify -resize 1600 *.jpg
mogrify -resize 256 *.png
- Thumbnails are in 4:3 format, 256x192 px
- 1024x768 size, "High" quality
- "Transparent" background, "Floor shadow" enabled
- Light: "Asteroid" (spaceships), "Dawn" (ship, atmospheric vehicles)
- Material effects:
- "UV Degradation" on, Min.
- other effects off